Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Butcher''s Table @ SS2

The Butcher's Table @ SS2 took up where Standing Theory cafe used to stood. The environment and interior were set up nicely, however the table arrangement could have been better placed. If you are coming in groups of more than 6, then the seating would not be very comfortable.

The Butcher's Table @ SS2
 If you are a meat lover, this place might be just perfect for you.

We tried out most of their signature dishes, namely Crispy Roast Pork Knuckle, Grilled Half Lamb Rack, Grilled Pancetta, Signature Should Loin, Fried Pork Stomach and their signature House-made as well as Imported sausages. 

First up, the Crispy Roast Pork Knuckle, personally, I did not enjoy this dish for the most part as the meat isn't as tender as I would prefer, however, the skin on the pork knuckle is instead crispy.
Crispy Roast Pork Knuckle at RM79

Next, the Grilled Pancetta. Think bacon, but 20x tastier! This is how good and awesome their Grilled Pancetta is. I highly recommend trying out this if you drop by. Seasoning on the Pancetta is spot on, leaving a great smokey after taste and making me longing for more.
Grilled Pancetta, with a side a green salad @ RM18
The Signature Shoulder Loin is excellent as well, tasted amazing with the seasoning & super tender meat. (Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it!). Even so, the Signature Shoulder Loin is also on my to recommend list and a must try.

Fried Pork Stomach (RM 10) to go with their reasonably priced draught Carlsberg at RM15 a pint is a perfect match made in culinary heaven.
Fried Pork Stomach, RM10 
The fried pork stomach has is also perfectly seasoned, the taste reminds me of KFC's chicken popcorn, but better. The pork stomach after frying is not rubbery or chewy, and its cooked perfectly. Again, goes superbly well with their reasonably priced draught beer.

I keep the best for last, which is their Grilled Lamb Rack. This is by far the best lamb rack I have ever eaten in my entire life.
Grilled Half Lamb Rack, RM69

The fat to meat ratio on the lamb rack is perfect. Tender and juicy, making every bite as enjoyable as ever. Not to mention the perfect pairing with the mint sauce. The meat slides out effortlessly from the bones. Highly recommended to lamb lovers and this will definitely be on my to eat list whenever I visit this place.

Lastly, their house-made & imported sausages. I tried out their signature house sausages, the Deluxe Nurnberger Ring (RM28) and the Deluxe Cheese Ring  (RM28). Both of this sausages have consistent texture throughout and the seasoning is on point. I do recommend sharing as the portion size of the house sausages is quite large. Personally, I prefer the Deluxe Nurnberger Ring more than the Deluxe Cheese Ring. For the imported sausages, I tried the Beddar Cheddar (RM9) and the Cooked Brat (RM9). Both the imported sausages tasted extraordinary. I could not get enough of the sausages and honestly, I don't think I have ever eaten sausages that are so tender and juicy. 

House-made & imported sausages.
The overall experience here I would say a 6/10. The only thing I would say is that their table seating can further be improved to provide a more comfortable seating as I went along with 8 other people, and we were not enjoying the seat as much as we would have liked. On a side note, do try out their Grilled Lamb Rack if you are every in the area.

The Butcher's Table
26, Jalan SS 2/103, SS 2, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor


No comments:

Post a Comment